Sunday 29 March 2009

Isaac Sleep Spell!

How to get Iz to sleep early? I have calculated his total sleep hours and it isn't enough for a boy his age cos he sleeps around 11pm and have to wake up around 7.30am for his kindi. His afternoon nap is around 2-4pm in Funcity.
I usually bring him up to bed around 9.30-10pm, after his milktime in front of the tv... but he will play around on the bed lah... talk and talk by himself lahh...while i would have just fallen asleep already! Sometimes he would sleep around 11pm, it means it takes around 1 hour for him to settle down!

NOW, i have managed to "negotiate" with him to sleep early! Here is how the negotiation goes:

"Isaac, if u sleep early, then u can wake up early and see mommy!"
"...if u wake up late, then mommy have to go to work already, then nobody is upstairs!"


SO, OK! I hope it works!!! of course when he gets up early, I will praise him and say:
"See, u wake up early, and mommy is still here lo!"
Both will then be happily smiling!

My next task is to make sure he doesn't always cry when he wakes up, which he doesn't when he sees me around, and I have to "pau-pau" him....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

my slideshow